SCAN STORE RETRIEVE INDEX INTEGRATE ARCHIVE
Monthly Archives: April 2011
Backfile Scanning: Prior to beginning any type of backfile scanning project, you must determine one goal; “Ultimately, how do I need to use these digital images?” If you only need copies of your images on USBs or DVDs, then that is all you need to ask for. But if you actually intend on accessing these documents in their digital format within your document or content management system, then you will need to establish a way to ensure you are receiving what you are expecting.
Good Questions to ask you conversion vendor:
- How are we going to look-up these records digitally?
- The image quality is important to us – must we pay extra for image enhancement.
- Will we be able to do a full-text search within these records?
- How much space will these images take up on our servers?
- What image format do we need?
- Do we need additional software to search for and view the digital records or can we use what we have?
- How will the accuracy be calculated for this project?
- How long with the project take?
- How will we be allowed to review the work?
- 10. What is your guarantee policy?